Thursday 21 February 2013

Carrot Cake Cupcakes

I promised my best friend months ago that I wouldmake her carrot cake cupcakes ... I am finally keeping my promise and planning on making them for here this weekend. I have been scouting the internet for a nice recipe and found one thanks to Nelly's Cupcakes (http://www.nellyscupcakes.co.uk/2013/01/carrot-cake-cupcakes.html)





Ingredients
  • 100g Caster Sugar
  • 175ml Sunflower Oil
  • 2 Eggs
  • 225g Self Raising Flour
  • 3 Carrots (grated)
  • 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
  • 100g Icing Sugar
  • 40g Cream Cheese (full fat)
  • A good pinch Cinnamon
  • A good pinch Ground Ginger


Instructions

  1. Whisk the sugar and oil together.
  2. Add the eggs one at a time and whisk well.
  3. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined.
  4. Fold in the carrots
  5. Spoon the mixture into 12 cupcake cases and bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
For the Icing, Mix the cream cheese and icing sugar together (I use a mixer for this) until you have a creamy smooth icing.Put a thin layer of icing on top of each cake and liberally sprinkle with cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment